A URL shortener is a website that takes the long way to say something shorter. In theory, they save you time by providing an easier-to-remember shortened address for your content instead of typing out the entire url every time. But which one should you choose? This article will tell you everything about these popular services and how to decide whether it’s worth using them or not
The “rebrandly” is a URL shortener that has been around for a while. It has many features and allows users to choose which one they want to use.
URL shorteners are a wonderful method to communicate lengthy URLs that may be damaged if anything gets lost in the copy-paste process.
Because some websites send several arguments and routes with complicated character patterns that no one can remember, the only option is to copy-paste the URL, which is inconvenient and may cause the URL to fail on certain platforms when shared.
So, to keep the URL intact, make it a short, straightforward URL that you can simply check at any moment.
You’ll receive a simple short URL to share with everyone, complete with personalized wording, so you’ll remember it.
What is the Process of Using URL Shortener Services?
They take your big, dull URL and turn it into a short, straightforward one.
Which seems to be as follows:
Long URL: https://www.thetechbasket.com/internet/facebook-security-and-privacy-settings/418/?utm_source=urlshortner_post&utm_medium=direct&utm_campaign=spring&utm_content=facebook_privacy
https://goo.gl/h8esQc (short URL)
The servers of URL Shortener Services redirect the short URL to the original URL.
These URL Shortener services have domain names that are 4-6 words long, such as goo.gl, bit.ly, owl.ly, and tinyurl.com.
Is it costless?
Yes, practically all services are supplied for free, along with metrics such as how many times a URL has been accessed, on which devices, and in which countries, among other things, which is pretty great, right?
There are various other services available, such as utilizing your own custom domain, enterprise-level capabilities that are not free but may be paid for and used, and so on.
However, it is free to use for people, personal use, and small enterprises for the most part.
What are the benefits of utilizing URL shorteners?
- When sending an email, you want to know whether the recipient has opened and checked anything you asked him to view.
- You can easily measure how many people clicked on a relevant URL shared in a WhatsApp group, Facebook groups, Facebook pages, Twitter, or any other social media network.
- Sending a file’s direct download URL, shortening it, and then sharing it to monitor metrics in real time.
- By shortening a URL or a particular page’s QR code, you may make scanning the code quicker and easier.
- Putting your Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook URLs in the “about” section? You can watch how many people are visiting those URLs and checking out your other social media accounts from one another if you shorten them, isn’t that cool?
- Use a URL Shortener service with an auto-expiration date so that when you post anything on public forums or groups, only those who are active at the moment may view it; after that, whatever you published is gone and no one else can see it.
- The majority of URL Shortener providers give analytical data, which may be utilized to improve your strategy planning, forecasting, and estimation. With analytics, you can see which content and links are doing better and improve them.
- Using a custom domain with URL Shortener services allows you to brand your links, which increases user confidence and gives you greater control over your links. ( This is a list of websites that use branded URLs.)
How can I know which is the best option?
When evaluating why you need one, you must search for a variety of factors.
- Will you shorten URLs seldom, often, or on a regular basis?
- How simple is it to build short URLs using their Android/iOS app, browser extension, API, bookmarklet, and website, and how easy is it to use and navigate?
- I’m willing to pay for more features, or I simply need a free and quick service with no other features.
- Using automation tools necessitates API access, which allows you to automatically shorten your URLs on the fly without having to do it manually.
- Is it possible to get a custom domain name if I want to use it for my business?
- Some URL shortening services redirect visitors to other sites before returning to the original URL; however, this should not be the case with the service you choose.
- How long have they been in business? What if they stop providing services, causing your connections to break? Only choose reputable companies.
- How fast their redirection is, which implies that when a user clicks on a URL, it should be promptly redirected to the original URL by their server.
Check out our URL shortener performance and reliability shootout to see how redirection works. Or
You can test it out for yourself by utilizing your favorite provider to build a short URL and then using different internet tools such as ping and loading time to see which one is the fastest in your scenario.
Also, attempt to find out what the services’ uptime is, which implies it shouldn’t only be fast; it should always be up and running so that everyone who clicks on the link gets routed to the appropriate page, even if it’s a few microseconds late.
Here are some of the most popular URL shorteners:
This isn’t to say that these are the only ones; there are many more.
If you don’t like these services, consider making your own. All you need is a server, a domain name, and a few patients, and you can make your own URL shortener services without relying on anybody else.
Not included Goo.gl, the finest URL shortener service, since it is being phased out in favor of Firebase Dynamic Links.
Bitly is one of the most popular URL shortening services, and it’s shockingly quick.
Custom words may be used to customize URLs, such as bit.ly/yourwords, making them easier to remember.
Bitly is the most popular URL shortener on our list, and it consistently performs well. Its analytical metrics and interaction with prominent third-party websites make it a must-try for everyone.
It also interacts with a variety of social media sites, including Tweetdeck, Zapier, and other social media management systems, allowing you to monitor all of the links you post without any additional effort.
Another excellent, quick, and dependable service.
The UI is straightforward, with just a box to input the URL and a customisation option, as well as the ability to turn on or off whether you want to track statistics for the link.
It does the job without any additional bells and whistles, and there is no need to join up.
The key feature of Short.IO is that you may add as many custom domains as you like for free and utilize the URL shortening service.
There were several extremely cool features, such as:
- With precise insights (e.g., OS, location, browser, top links) and real-time clickstream data, you can track the performance of every short link and website.
- A free API for developers allows them to shorten, analyze, and manage URLs. Create a new app or add shortening features to an existing one.
- Use one account to manage several branded domains. Separate settings should be used for each domain, and each project’s audience should be tracked separately.
- Create teams with your coworkers to shorten and manage URLs from a single spot. Assign three roles: administrator, user, and read-only.
- Expiration of the link
- Cloaking of links
- the creation of QR codes
- and a lot more
The Free Plan includes 5 custom domains, unlimited redirects, and 50,000 monitored clicks, which is a great deal.
It’s a feature of HootSuite’s social media management software.
You may use it for free and combine it with HootSuite to monitor everything you publish, or you can use it without using their social media posting tool.
Ow.ly is a fantastic service that provides you with more than just a URL shortener; it also provides you with a variety of social media management features all in one place, eliminating the need to switch between two distinct platforms.
Another easy and quick URL shortener that you can use without registration or logging in.
Simply add a dash (-) at the end of the short URL to monitor statistics.
Get real-time data, change the characters at the end of the URL, and use your own domain.
Buffer is a famous social media management application that allows you to schedule posts across several social media networks.
Every time you submit a URL, buff.ly will shorten it and offer you with statistics and click engagement data.
You may access their website or mobile app whenever you want.
Buffer’s link shortening service, Buff.ly, is not a dedicated link shortening website. When you use buffer to publish to your social media accounts, you get to utilize this function.
So ripped. If you’re searching for a specialized URL shortener, ly isn’t for you.
Everything you’d expect from a URL shortening service: an infinite number of short URLs, an unlimited number of redirects, a comprehensive dashboard, statistics, and no advertisements or spam.
You can filter advanced metrics by country, language, device, and browser.
TinyURL is fantastic, and many well-known individuals have been using it for a long time.
This is how your URLs look after shortening tinyurl.com/yourwords, this one looks long compared to the above-mentioned options of URL shortening services. Paste your long URL and provide a custom name or customize it and share wherever you want, this is how your URLs look after shortening tinyurl.com/yourwords, this one looks long compared to the above-mentioned options of URL shortening services.
In the list, Rebrandly is a highly promising URL shortening service provider.
To handle URLs individually, each user may create a workspace and a team account.
You can send people to various URLs depending on the platform they’re using, such as a mobile app when the link is accessed on a mobile device and a web page when the link is opened on a desktop.
The free plan allows you to try out the service before upgrading or downgrading as needed.
Here are a few more URL shortening services to consider.
Also see: The Internet’s 51 Most Useful Websites for Everyone
URL shorteners are fantastic, and when used correctly, they may aid in real-time tracking, which is essential when sharing a link.
You can do a lot more with it, and most of the valuable functions are available without purchasing premium subscriptions.
Please tell us which URL shortener you use.
Do you shorten URLs for social media networks on a regular basis or just on rare occasions?
Watch This Video-
The “custom short url” is a website that allows users to create their own short URL for free. The site also has a list of the top 7 URL Shorteners and how to choose which one is better.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which URL shortener is best?
Which is better bit ly or TinyURL?
A: It depends on what you are trying to do. If your goal is to share the link with others, go for TinyURL. If you need it short and concise, bit ly will give a shorter url than tinyurl
What is the best free URL shortener?
A: The best free URL shortener is bit.ly, which you can use to shorten your URLs with no limitations on the number of characters that can be in a shortened URL or how many times they may be shortened.
- google url shortener
- shorten url
- best url shortener
- shorten url free