When trouble strikes, troubleshooting can be difficult. It is important to determine the cause of errors so that it can be resolved quickly and efficiently. This guide will teach you how to troubleshoot printer error Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000709).
The “operation could not be completed (error 0x00000709) windows 10 shared printer” is a problem that has been present for a while. Windows 10 has released an update to fix the issue.
When attempting to configure your default printer on a Windows PC, you will see the error message “Operation could not be completed” with error 0x00000709. Windows 10 is unable to configure the default printer due to this issue. The 0x00000709 problem is triggered by a flaw in the Windows registry settings, which favors the previous printer as the default.
Let’s take a closer look at error 0x00000709:
When you install a new printer driver or software, it installs a number of files on the system, modifies Windows files, modifies registry entries, and grants rights to these new services installed. However, incompatible software or a virus attack might alter or modify these authorization settings, resulting in printer error messages.
Error: The operation could not be performed (0x00000709). Make that the printer name is correct and that it is linked to the network.
Error 0x00000709: Unable to Set Default Printer
As previously stated, the issue must be caused by improper permissions or a registry flaw. To repair the issue 0x00000709 unable to configure the default printer, start by tweaking the Windows registry. This fix is compatible with all Windows operating systems, including Windows 10, 8.1, and 7, in all editions.
Error 0x00000709 may be fixed with a registry tweak.
- To access the Windows registry editor, press Windows + R, type regedit, and click enter.
- After that, make a backup of the registry database and go to the following registry key:
- HKEY CURRENT USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsNTCurrentVersionWindows
- Then choose Permissions from the right-click menu on the Windows key.
- Click on Add -> Type everyone (enter the object names to select) and click Ok.
- Now Select everyone from Group or Usernames.
- As indicated in the figure below, choose Full Control.
- To save your changes, click Apply, then OK.
- Select the Windows registry entry, then double-click the Device key in the right window pane.
- Here Fill in your printer name in the value data box and click OK.
Close everything and restart your computer to save your changes. If you still can’t change the default printer after restarting, remove the device key in Registry Editor and restart your computer. This is the best and most recommended solution I’ve discovered for Windows 10 issue 0x00000709 unable to establish default printer. You may also try some of the other options listed below.
Disable Windows 10’s ability to manage your printer automatically.
- To access Settings, press Windows Key + I.
- Then choose Devices.
- Now from the left-hand menu select Printers & scanners.
- Then turn off the switch next to “Let Windows control my default printer.”
- Close all programs and restart your computer.
These are some suggested solutions for Windows 10 problem 0x00000709 unable to establish default printer. And I’m certain that using these methods will enable you to change the default printer without encountering any problems such as the Operation Could Not Be Completed issue (0x00000709). Make that the printer’s name is correct and that it is linked to the network. If you have any questions or suggestions concerning this topic, please leave them in the comments section below.
Watch This Video-
The “operation could not be completed (error 0x000005)” is a common error that can occur when trying to use the printer. This particular error has been resolved with a solution. Reference: operation could not be completed (error 0x00000005).
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix error code 0X00000709?
A: To fix error code 0X00000709 you will need to reinstall Beat Saber.
How do you fix operation could not be completed error 0X00000709 double check the printer name and make sure that the printer is connected to the network?
What does error 0X00000709 mean?
A: Error 0X00000709 means that there is a problem with the disc and you will need to try again in order for it to work.
- operation could not be completed (error 0x00000709 print server)
- how to solve operation could not be completed 0x00000709
- cara mengatasi operation could not be completed double check the printer name
- operation could not be completed printer
- operation could not be completed (error 0x00000040)