PCmover is an app that lets users transfer their data between two computers in a matter of minutes. PCtrans is the same program, but it also allows you to migrate your operating system from one computer to another. Experts weigh in on which solution offers more value for consumers and how much time each service will take.
PCmover and PCtrans are two command-line tools that allow users to transfer files between their computer and a PC. The most important difference is that PCmover can also be used for transferring data from your old computer to your new one, while PCtrans is only capable of moving the files onto a new computer.
If you’ve been using your computer for a long time, you’ve probably acquired a lot of important information. With time, you may desire to switch from your old computer to a quicker, more current system with more capabilities.
Backing up and moving information from an older machine is a necessary aspect of every computer user’s life. In fact, Computer Hope recommends that you replace your computer every four years.
If you want to keep your data safe, you’ll need to know how to move papers and other files from one PC to another using the correct tools. This article will compare PCMover and PCTrans, two excellent PC moving software programs that may assist you in planning and completing your computer move.
PCMover versus PCTrans: What’s the Difference?
The following are the primary differences between PCmover and PCtrans:
- PCMover, unlike PCTrans, contains an important “undo” function that enables you to make modifications or reverse a procedure while transferring data.
- PCMover is a highly recommended program that is backed by Microsoft and Intel, while PCTrans is just suggested by CNET.
- PCMover restricts the data categories that may be transferred, but PCTrans allows you to move all of your important files and data, including user accounts.
- PCMover does not have a free version, however PCTrans has one that allows you to transfer up to 500MB of data and two apps for free.
- PCMover enables you to transfer files between computers that aren’t connected to the same network, while PCTrans requires that your computers be connected to the same local network.
What exactly is PCMover?
PCMover is a piece of software that allows you to seamlessly move applications, files, and settings between two computers. The easy program transfers everything in a couple of hours, allowing you to upgrade PCs with minimum downtime. Microsoft and Intel both endorse it as the only migration tool.
You can rapidly transfer all of your data without having to go through a lengthy setup procedure. To begin your transfer, just install the program and press a few buttons.
If you have any problems, you may contact Laplink’s PC migration professionals at any time. You can also get a physical copy, which comes with complimentary SafeErase software and a high-speed transfer cord.
- Simple setup procedure – Once the PCMover software is completely installed, you may upgrade to the newest version by following the installation wizard’s simple steps. Then, using PCMover, transfer everything of your old computer’s data and settings to your new Windows PC.
- Transfer everything you want — Using PCMover, you can easily transfer all of your data from your old PC to a new device. All of your chosen apps, files, folders, settings, and user profiles are transferred all at once. After that, you may use the applications right away without having to reinstall them.
- PCMover’s “Undo” function – You can rapidly undo modifications made to your new PC while moving data from the old PC with this tool.
- Enhanced transfer rates – PCMover now transfers everything to your new PC much quicker than ever. Because of the improved performance, you may now move data between your old and new PCs at a quicker rate.
- PCMover is optimized for Windows 11 and may help you migrate your data, apps, and settings from an older version of Windows to the new Windows 11 operating system rapidly.
- Automatic PC detection and connection — When PCMover searches for the PC you wish to migrate, it may automatically identify and connect to any wireless networks it finds. It can also detect if a PC is linked to a wired network and search for it.
- Free transfer support – When migrating to a new PC, Laplink provides PCMover users with free access to a remote professional who may take them through the setup procedure.
PCMover’s Pricing Plans
Depending on your demands, Laplink provides several PCMover price options. You may either download the program or purchase it as a physical item that you can install later. Prices vary depending on whether you purchase the program with cables or in bulk. A summary of the packages is provided below.
- $59.95 for download
- $59.95 (physical + cable)
- $69.95 (including USB 3.0 cable)
- $69.95 (including thunderbolt cable)
- $230 for a five-pack
- $420 for a ten-pack
- $900 for a 25-pack
When you buy a single pack of PCMover, you’ll receive one license that you may use to transfer your data on just one PC. You will need to buy extra licenses for each additional machine.
Every purchase of Laplink software comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you have any problems and have attempted to contact their technical support staff without success, you will be given a complete refund.
For the guarantee to operate, you must contact the support staff to prove that the product does not work. You must also return the goods in good working order within 30 days after purchase, together with any extra cables, quick start manuals, and product registration.
- PCMover helps you to move files, apps, and settings across computers. It features a number of filters that allow you to pick and select what you wish to move. You may even pick and choose which user accounts to keep.
- If an issue occurs during the file transfer, PCMover allows you to reverse the transfer on the other machine.
- PCMover enables transferring files to a new computer simple. You may use the application interface’s stages to walk you through the procedure.
- The program provides a number of options for transferring data from your old computer to your new one. Migration from an older PC to a newer PC, migration from an older operating system to a current one on the same PC, and content restoration from an old hard drive to a new one are all alternatives.
- All of your files, directories, and settings from the source (old PC) to the target system are natively migrated by the program (the new PC). As a result, there is no need to reinstall anything.
- Antivirus and anti-spyware applications are not moved by the PCMover software. You’ll also have to disable such apps on your old PC before reactivating them on the new one.
- During migrating, PCMover does not permit the creation or change of partitions.
- If you are unfamiliar with the English language, PCMover may be difficult to comprehend. For certain users, it might also be difficult.
- Depending on the extent of your data and the speed of your disk, PCMover may be quite sluggish. It’s possible that it’ll take up to 24 hours to finish.
What exactly is PCTrans?
PCTrans is a safe and dependable utility that makes moving programs from one computer to another a pleasure. The program is simple to use and transfers everything in a matter of minutes.
PCTrans allows you to wirelessly connect two computers and transfer data between them, but they must be on the same local network. Installing PCTrans on two PCs allows you to transfer data between them in a smooth manner. Once you’ve run the software, it’ll walk you through the whole procedure with ease because to its easy and straightforward design.
After you’ve connected both PCs, make a note of which one will be transferring files to the other. After that, you’ll get a complete list of apps, data, and accounts that you may transfer to the new PC. Remove any entries that aren’t essential from this list. Finally, choose transfer to start the transfer procedure.
- PCTrans examines your computer for temporary files, garbage, and other storage-hogging detritus that you may securely remove to free up space.
- Data recovery – If your computer crashes, EaseUS Todo PCTrans can help you recover your data and applications. If your computer is unbootable, this tool may transfer data from an old hard drive to a new computer, preserving your data.
- Flexible data transfer options – PCTrans allows you to transmit your data in three different methods.
- To transfer files from one PC to another, first download and run the application on both computers. To move data, apps, and user credentials from one machine to another, choose “PC to PC.”
- Image Transfer – You may use this tool to transfer and restore images. You can migrate programs, photos, and user accounts using image transfer.
- When moving all of your programs to a new disk, app migration is a useful alternative. This option may be used to transfer the contents of your hard disk to a new computer.
- Comprehensive file cleaning – PCTrans makes deleting data from your hard disk a breeze. With a few clicks, you may sort the list of files from biggest to smallest and remove any files that are no longer needed.
- EaseUS provides free technical help. Todo offers a customer service center that is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You may hire a skilled specialist to assist you with data transfer and other issues through the internet.
- Simple and practical – PCTrans does not need you to be a computer guru to use. It’s straightforward, secure, and simple to use. All you have to do is follow the software’s directions for migrating data across systems.
Plans for PCTrans Pricing
EaseUS Todo PCTrans is available in three distinct versions. The free version is a good place to start, but you can upgrade to have access to additional capabilities, such as increased data transfer limits and limitless application transfers.
- Free version ($0) — With this free package, you may transfer up to 500MB of files and two apps from one computer to another.
- Professional Edition ($49.95) — This edition allows you to use the application on two computers. It also has transmission limits and unlimited backups and restorations. You cannot, however, utilize it for commercial reasons.
- Technician edition ($399) — This is the most expensive version of the game. This version has no restrictions. It may be used on many PCs and for professional purposes.
Advantages of PCTrans
- EaseUS is simple to use. Todo PCTrans is one of the most user-friendly computer migration software alternatives. The user interface is simple and intuitive, with all of the capabilities you need at your fingertips.
- Compatible with all Windows versions – EaseUS Todo PCTrans can help you move from previous Windows versions like Windows XP and Windows Vista to Windows 10. You won’t have to worry about your data since the program works with all operating systems.
- PSTrans protects your data by allowing you to migrate data without deleting applications or important information.
- PCTrans is a powerful application for shifting your computer settings and even your files, and it may transfer crucial information. It may also assist you in transferring all types of data files, including account information, to a new computer.
- Limited data transmission in the free version – PCTrans’ free edition is limited to 500 MB of data transfer. You’ll need to upgrade to a premium version if you wish to transmit more data.
- It might take some time to figure out which apps are installed and which user data is accessible. Similarly, it takes significantly longer to transmit data since it installs the new software at the same time.
- There are minimal customization options — you can’t change existing applications or data, and you can’t make folders (drives) the default place for new programs.
PCMover versus PCTrans: Frequently Asked Questions
What is the maximum number of times I may use PCMover?
Answer: You can only migrate to a new computer once with a PCMover license. You’ll need to purchase a new license if you wish to migrate your data to another old machine. As a result, if you wish to transfer data to several old computers, you’ll need to buy as many licenses as the number of machines you’ll be transferring information to.
Is PCTrans available in a free version?
Answer: There is a free version of PCTrans that enables you to safely move apps and data from an old PC to a new one. It also provides a smart way to move data from one machine to another with comparable simplicity and comfort.
Will PCMover be able to transfer all of my programs?
With the aid of PCMover, you can swiftly move your crucial data and programs from one computer to another. Simply download and install it on both computers, then use the Wizard to seamlessly transfer your data and applications to your new PC.
Question: How can I use PCTrans to transfer files from one computer to another?
Start EaseUS Todo PCTrans on both computers to transfer your stuff from an old PC to a new one. Then choose your two PCs from the list in “PC to PC” mode (the default choice from the main window). Select the data you wish to transfer and then click “Transfer.”
Two of the most common apps for transporting data from one computer to another are PCMover and PCTrans. Both methods are compatible with Mac and Windows PCs, although they vary in significant ways.
PCMover is an easy-to-use program that lets you transfer all of your files and settings. Furthermore, the program is recommended by both Microsoft and Intel, which is a huge benefit. PCTrans provides a one-click option for transferring all of your data and files. It’s also compatible with common software.
PCMover is my recommended solution for PC transfer after evaluating the two programs. It’s the perfect solution for all your data transfer requirements thanks to Microsoft and Intel’s support, as well as its simplicity of use and economical pricing.
Watch This Video-
PCmover vs PCtrans: Which is Right for You? The “zinstall vs easeus” is a question that many people ask. Both of these programs are designed to help users move their computer from one location to another, but they do it in different ways.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is better than PCmover?
A: PCmover is an application that transfers all of your computers files to a new computer in just one click.
What is the best PCmover?
A: The best PCmover is one that you would enjoy playing with and will help improve your experience. You can use any number of the following in order to find out which one you like the most!
How many times can you use PCmover?
A: You are allowed to use PCmover as many times as you would like, but the files that can be transferred will remain on your hard drive until no longer needed.
- pcmover express review
- best pc migration software 2021
- pcmover alternative
- best pc transfer software
- pctrans alternative free