This is a guide to how you can prevent websites from opening new windows and tabs.
The “prevent websites from opening new tabs chrome” is a feature that allows users to prevent websites from opening new windows and tabs. This can be done by going to the settings in Chrome, and turning off the option “Allow sites to open new windows.”
We come across a few things when surfing the internet every now and then, or most of the time. Yes, the first thing that comes to mind is the material that you could be looking for. Ads and one of the worst things ever — pop-ups – follow. These popups might be so intrusive and irritating that you can’t seem to get rid of them, or they just start a new browser window. If you’re a power user, you probably already know what to do. However, if you don’t use a computer on a daily basis, it might be aggravating. As a result, here’s how to stop websites from launching new windows and tabs.
Other causes for certain websites generating additional windows in your web browser might be a malware assault or a browser add-on that has gone rogue. As a result, it’s always a good idea to double-check what you download and which websites you visit on the internet. While you may still be cautious, certain websites may be deceptive and force your browser to create a new window. You may not realize a new window has been started until you alt-tab or quit the primary browser, only to find another one active in the background. Continue reading to learn how to stop websites from launching new browser windows and tabs.
Stop websites from opening new tabs in your browser.
Users will have installed the common web browsers that they are used to on a Windows PC. Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Mozilla Firefox round out the list. In the above-mentioned browsers, we’ll look at how to prevent websites from launching additional windows.
How to Stop Google Chrome from Opening New Windows When You Visit a Website
- Check to see whether you’re using the most recent version of Google Chrome.
- Now, go to the top right of the browser and click the three-dot menu.
- Select the Settings option when you click on it.
- Click the Privacy and Security tab on the left-hand side of the browser while on the Settings page.
- Go to Site Settings and choose it. This option allows you to prevent websites from opening annoying popups and tabs.
- Pop-ups and re-directs may be found by scrolling below.
- Select the option to prevent sites from sending pop-ups or using redirects.
- When you choose this option, Google Chrome will no longer allow any website to start new tabs without your permission.
How to Stop Microsoft Edge from Opening New Windows When You Visit a Website
- Start Microsoft Edge on your computer and make sure the browser’s latest updates are installed.
- To access the three-dot menu, go to the upper right corner of the browser and click it.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu that appears.
- On the Settings screen, in the left pane, choose Cookies and Site Permissions.
- Scroll down to the Pop-ups and redirection section on the right-hand side.
- At the top of the page, there is a block toggle. To activate it, just click on the toggle.
- Below there, you’ll see the choices to block and allow. This is where you may allow or disallow pop-ups and redirection from specified websites.
- Simply type in the website’s URL and you’re done.
How to Stop Websites from Opening New Tabs in Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and verify that you are using the most recent version of the browser.
- Click the Application Menu button with three horizontal lines in your right-hand corner, just below the close button.
- From the drop-down menu that appears, choose Settings.
- Select Privacy and Security from the left-hand menu.
- Block Pop-Up Windows may be found on the right-hand panel by scrolling down.
- To begin, make sure the checkbox to the left of it is selected. Finally, you may choose Exceptions from the drop-down menu.
- You will be able to control numerous websites and select whether or not to allow pop-ups to appear on them.
That’s all there is to it. On a Windows PC, you’ve finally figured out how to block and prevent websites from launching new windows and tabs in your web browser. You won’t need to install a third-party plugin for this job if you use these parameters. Visiting the settings page of a specific web browser will not assist you in customizing the browser to your preferences. Also, if you’re going to a website that’s notorious for a lot of popups, you may as well switch on the popup blocker to have a more serene surfing experience.
Also look at:
The “how to stop websites from opening new tabs safari iphone” is a website that will show you how to prevent websites from opening up new windows and tabs.
- how to stop websites from opening new tabs opera
- how to block websites from opening new tabs safari
- how to stop websites from opening new tabs firefox
- how to stop websites from opening new tabs android
- how to stop chrome from opening in new window